The Wayne County Medical Society Foundation was established by the Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan on August 12, 1987 and was designated a 501 (c) (3) charitable foundation in 1988.
The mission of the WCMS Foundation is to educate the medical profession and general public in matters of health and safety. The Foundation shall provide community service to Metro-Detroit through outreach programs.
Among the Foundation's many accomplishments are:
• The WCMS Foundation has sponsored an annual holiday party for local disadvantaged children since 1984;
• The WCMS Foundation Charles C. Vincent, M.D. Memorial Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to deserving medical students from the tri-county area to attend the Wayne State University School of Medicine;
• The WCMS Foundation Annual Golf Classic raises funds for various activities including: Annual Holiday Party for Underprivileged Children, Senior Abuse Prevention, Raising Awareness on the Effects of Obesity, The Charles C. Vincent Memorial Scholarship, The William Beaumont Honorary Society, and, most recently, Human Trafficking Awareness initiatives;
• The WCMS Foundation Annual Chinese New Year Celebration raised funds to promote awareness of elder abuse;
• The WCMS Foundation has produced a groundbreaking documentary video to educate youth on the dangers of human trafficking
Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan
Copyright 2017. Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan. All rights reserved.